Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

    Jul 23, 2024  
Missouri Baptist University 2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
Missouri Baptist University 2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Studies in Teaching and Learning, BS

CIP Code: 13.0101

This major is intended for those individuals who are not ready to be certified at the time of graduation. It is also available as a dual-degree option.

General Education Requirements (Education)   

Bachelor of Science (Education)    

Studies in Teaching and Learning Major Requirements

Total: 27 Hours

‡ Students who transfer in a course for EDRD 423/523  that does not include an equivalent field experience must take EDCL 420/520 .

Field and Clinical Experiences

Total: 2 Hours

‡ Students who transfer in a course for EDCL 211  who do not have a MEES evaluation (or equivalent) must take EDCL 220 


Electives from the following courses (12 hours)

Total: 12 Hours

Total: 41 Hours


  • At least six hours of major and three hours of minor must be earned at Missouri Baptist University.
  • A grade of C or better (CR for zero credit classes) is required in courses taken to fulfill the requirements for a major or minor
  • If a substitution has been made, documentation of the signed approval and course number and title must be sent to the Records Office. Please include the date of the submission.
  • At least 24 of the last 32 hours must be taken at Missouri Baptist University to meet residency requirements.
  • Cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 on a 4.00 scale is required for degree conferral. This program does not satisfy the requirements for teacher certification.
  • At least 42 total hours of Upper Division (54 for dual degree).
  • At least 120 total credit hours (144 for dual degree).

* Available for graduate credit through Senior Permission.
† Requires enrollment in EDAS WM7 Watermark 7-Year License as co-requisite/pre-requisite.
‡ Students who transfer in a course for EDCL 211  who do not have a MEES evaluation or equivalent must take EDCL 220 .

Students need to make an appointment with their assigned School of Teacher Education advisor (see myMBU Access) or the Director of Teacher Education Certification Advising during the first semester of their junior year for a graduation check.